Thursday, April 30, 2009

San Francisco Giants Top 30 Prospects

‘Tis as good a time as any, I suppose:

Top 30 Prospects, Wild Overreaction to Early Samples Edition:

I had an early list here, but why go on that when we have 60 at-bats and 20 innings pitched on which to make a value judgment?

1. Buster Posey

This was where I had him at the start of the season, and his crazy .361/.452/.625 start isn’t going to change my mind.

2. Madison Bumgarner

This was where I had him at the start of the season, and he’s given up one earned run in three starts. I think that means his career ERA went up.

3. Angel Villalona

Four walks! By Jove, I’ll take that. The strikeout rate is still a little high, but the dude’s a zygote.

4. Tim Alderson

Rough outing last time, but his control has been good at the start of the year.

5. Nick Noonan

I’ve seen him play a couple of times now, and he always impresses. The strikeout rate is high, but his splits make me think that Municipal Stadium is part of the problem for a lot of these young hitters.

6. Conor Gillaspie

I hope he starts hitting for any sort of power, as his eye is nice (14 walks, 67 at-bats). I’m a little discouraged by the total lack of power, though, even if it’s still early.

Read Full here

Related Posts by Categories



Buy MLB Merchandise at our online MLB Shop DieHardFans.com

0 comments: